The European Union has created a single and uniform classification criterion in the whole of Europe (a common language) to define the fire reaction performance of cables. Hence, some classes have been defined*, using classification criteria in agreement the amount of heat emitted in presence of fire.
Likewise, it contemplates that the manufacturer, lacking requirements related to fire reaction, can use the “Undetermined performance” option (Euroclass Fca).
*(EU) Delegated Regulation 2016/364, of 1 July 2015, on the classification of fire reaction properties of construction products.
- A - No reaction
- B1 - Very low reaction. Non-flame propagator. Non-fire propagator (1.75m) Very low heat emission
- B2 - Low reaction. Non-flame propagator. Non-fire propagator (1.5 m) Low heat emission
- C - Reduced reaction. Non-flame propagator. Non-fire propagator (2m) Reduced heat emission
- D - Improved reaction. Non-flame propagator. Improved heat emission
- E - Basic reaction. Non-flame propagator
- F - Undetermined